Format & Call Letters
Hot Adult Contemporary - WHSB FM
Playing all the hits 107.7 The Bay.
Reach thousands of active consumers each week with 107.7 The Bay.
107.7 The BAY is Alpena only Hot AC station that plays all contemporary hits from today’s biggest stars.
107.7 The BAY targets women 18 to 49 years of age and Adults and Women 18 to 34. The adult female consumer is one of the most lucrative groups for local retailers and other businesses to reach.
107.7 The BAY's Hot AC format is America's fastest growing radio format and targets consumers with a high disposable income.
Artist Profile: 107.7 The BAY features great music from artists like Adele, Maroon 5, Katy Perry, Train, Pink, Bruno Mars, Kelly Clarkson, Rihanna, Coldplay, Matchbox Twenty, Taylor Swift, Jason Mraz, Greenday and more.
107.7 The BAY is the only station that is musically focused on hit music from the 90’s and today.
107.7 The BAY continues to dominate in its target demo. 107.7 The BAY targets active consumers with purchasing power.
Market your business to thousands of active consumers every week with 107.7 The Bay.
107.7 The BAY is unsurpassed in community involvement, up-to-date news and weather, and listener promotions. It’s your music, your station!
Get exposure to thousands of potential customers each week with 107.7 The BAY FM.
107.7 The BAY listeners are in their prime spending years.
Age: 107.7 The BAY targets woman 18 to 49.
Gender: Females 12+ favor 107.7 The BAY's format.
- Approximately 60% of Hot AC listeners in America are female while 40% are male.
- Over 60% of this consumer group falls significantly into the 25 to 54 age group.
Occupation: 107.7 The BAY targets individuals who are employed full-time in a variety of occupations including owner, manager, professional, clerical, trade, skilled sales, and technical.
Household Income: 107.7 The BAY's listeners have high earning power.
- Over 40% of Hot AC listeners in America have an income over $75,000.
- Over 20% of Hot AC listeners in America have an annual income of more than $50,00 - $75,000
- Almost 25% of Hot AC listeners 18 years of age and over have an annual household income of $25,000 to $50,000.
Education: 107.7 The BAY listeners are well educated. Almost 70% of Hot AC listeners have attended college.
Investments: 107.7 The BAY targets listeners who have high incomes and invest in mutual funds, stocks/bonds, retirement programs, savings accounts, etc.
Activities: 107.7 The BAY attracts listeners who actively participate in exercise and fitness, biking, golfing, gardening, and hiking. 107.7 The BAY listeners enjoy going out to music concerts, sporting events, bar, and restaurants.
107.7 The BAY targets listeners with purchasing power.
107.7 The BAY's format targets consumers with high disposable income.
107.7 The BAY targets affluent homeowners. A huge category with these consumers is home improvement and home decorating.
Home Spending: Started or completed in the past 2 years:
- Interior painting/wallpaper
- Landscaping or yard improvements
- Exterior painting/staining
- Energy conservation projects
- Floor tiles or vinyl flooring
- Installed windows or doors
- Other home projects
107.7 The BAY listeners are huge shoppers with purchasing power.
107.7 The BAY Listeners in the past year
- Purchased a wide variety of electronic devices including computers, tablets, smartphones, video games, and HDTVs.
- We're big consumers of furniture, mattresses, major appliances, and automobiles.
- Purchase fine and costume jewelry, cosmetics, perfume, and skin care products.
- Enjoyed going out to restaurants often every month.
- Purchased men and women's clothing, children clothing, men's and woman's shoes and accessories.
107.7 The BAY listeners are in their prime income and spending years.
Here's Why 107.7 The BAY Targets Women
80% of all (male, female, and child) apparel purchases are made by women.
94% of all home furnishing purchases are controlled by women.
85% of all household spending is controlled by women.
50% of new computers are bought by women.
91% of all real estate purchases are influenced by a woman.
20% of home purchases are made by single women.
85% of all new vehicle purchases are directly influenced by a woman.
92% of packaged goods spending is controlled by women.
52% of all new vehicle purchases are made by women.
70% of travel decisions are made by women.
92% of all vacation travel decisions are influenced by women.
55% of wine purchases are made by women.
45% of all electronics purchases are made by women, and 61% are influenced by a woman.
90% of women participate in decisions that affect household investment and retirement accounts.
Source: Bridget Brennan, author of Why She Buys and recognized expert on women consumer behaviors and motivations.
107.7 The BAY Weekday Programming
- 107.7 The Bay's Good Mornings with Max and Phil featuring light hearted humor, up-to-date news, sports headlines, morning trivia and "What He Say" - a lyrics game.
- Catch Roo from 2 until 7pm. Get your favorite songs and enticing tidbits of community events and fun facts for your drive home.
107.7 The BAY is also your home for Alpena High School Sports
107.7 The BAY Coverage Map
Bigger Signal, Bigger Coverage Area, More Listeners
To Learn More How Radio Can Help
Grow Your Business Click Here